[News] [Rival] More ISO Manipulation by Microsoft

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] More ISO Manipulation by Microsoft
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 02:22:42 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
[Not sure if this one was already posted]

No is no, to OOXML

,----[ Quote ]
| I’ve heard several reports of supporters of OOXML trying to get national
| standards bodies to change their votes from “NO with comments” to “YES with
| comments” because “it’s the same thing.” The logic, which I’ll explain in a
| later post, is that any comments will trigger a ballot resolution meeting, so
| there is no need to be so negative and vote NO.
|
| [...]
|
| It would be hard to make this stuff up. By all means vote “no with comments”
| but do not vote yes in any form if you expect changes to be made.
`----

http://www.sutor.com/newsite/blog-open/?p=1762

Microsoft Submits Photo File Format For Standardization

,----[ Quote ]
| In trying to drive the technology further into the market, Microsoft has
| developed a plug-in that adds HD Photo support to Adobe's popular Photoshop
| editing program.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/windows/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=201202148&cid=RSSfeed_IWK_News

Wait until its get Windows-only 'extensions' like DRM. They will already /buy/
support, just as they do with OOXML (Novell, Turbolinux, Corel, Linspire,
Xandros, Sun). Standards are bought, not earned. JPEG 2000 was fine.