[News] PlayStation3 is Already Outselling XBox360 in Europe, PS2 Gains Features, XBox360 Disappoints FanboiZ

  • Subject: [News] PlayStation3 is Already Outselling XBox360 in Europe, PS2 Gains Features, XBox360 Disappoints FanboiZ
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 13:18:15 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
PlayStation 3 beating Xbox 360 in Europe

,----[ Quote ]
| Sony's much-maligned PlayStation 3 has defied the odds and has now outsold
| Microsoft's Xbox 360 in Europe for the fourth week in a row.
`----

http://www.tech.co.uk/home-entertainment/gaming/games-consoles/news/playstation-3-beating-xbox-360-in-europe?articleid=263086201

PS2 Gets Motion-Sensing

,----[ Quote ]
| This new peripheral will be called ‘Realplay’ and use the technology
| called ‘Freedom’. They say it is still currently in development but since
| they have received around £7.6 million from VC funding they are confident to
| have this available this holiday season.
`----

http://www.tehgamr.com/2007/08/18/ps2-gets-motion-sensing/

Microsoft Continues to Screw Loyal Gamers

,----[ Quote ]
| Before I begin, allow me to preface this entire blog entry with a few things.
| I’ve been called a “Fanboy” on numerous occasions; I believe this is mainly
| due to the fact that I’ve been quite a vocal advocate of Microsoft consoles.
`----

http://jayfng.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!A5557A058F6EA78B!1729.entry

Related:

PS3 is number one down-under says SCEA head

,----[ Quote ]
| Sony Computer Entertainment Australia head Michael Ephraim has analysed
| the latest sales figures for the PS3 locally and has declared the hefty
| black gaming console number one in the region.
|
| [...]
|
| Quoting figures from data trackers GfK in Australia, Ephraim tells us
| (via an interview with Gamespot AU )  that the 50,000 units moved since
| the PS3 launch March 23rd makes it number one next-gen gaming console.
`----

http://www.itwire.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13249&Itemid=1093

PS3 available pre-installed with Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| TerraSoft is now taking direct pre-orders with no delivery
| time guarantees for a Sony PS3 pre-installed with Linux,
| priced at $650.

Strategy Analytics: The Pressure is on Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=14480