[News] Lotus Notes for Linux Released, New GNOME and GARNOME Released

  • Subject: [News] Lotus Notes for Linux Released, New GNOME and GARNOME Released
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 04:35:19 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
IBM ships Lotus Notes and Domino 8

,----[ Quote ]
| IBM has today announced general availability of Lotus Notes 8 and Lotus
| Domino 8, claiming the updates will incorporate a wide range of collaboration
| tools alongside the email client.
|
| [...]
|
| IBM said the ability to access information and applications "without leaving
| the inbox" would significantly bolster users' productivity, adding that the
| new Lotus productivity tools' support for the Open Document Format (ODF)
| would allow the suite to integrate seamlessly with the rest of the desktop
| and enable users "to import and export supported file formats used by
| Microsoft Office and save them either in the original format or ODF".
`----

http://www.vnunet.com/itweek/news/2196881/ibm-ships-lotus-notes-domino

GNOME 2.19.90 (GNOME 2.20.0 Beta 1) released

,----[ Quote ]
| This is our seventh development release on our road towards GNOME 2.20.0,
| which will be released in September 2007.
`----

http://www.linuxcompatible.org/GNOME_2.19.90_GNOME_2.20.0_Beta_1_released_s94314.html

Related:

GNOME [10th] Birthday

,----[ Quote ]
| Ten years ago the GNU Network Object Model Environment project was announced
| by Miguel de Icaza. Happy birthday GNOME!
`----

http://www.barisione.org/blog.html/p=99

New widget library for GNOME includes transparent radial menu and other bling

,----[ Quote ]
| Karl Lattimer has created an experimental radial menu widget for GNOME called
| Fittsmenu.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2007/08/07/new-widget-library-for-gnome-includes-transparent-radial-menu-and-other-bling

Open Source Developers calling for the next desktop revolution

,----[ Quote ]
| Future GNOME releases might have seamless integration with online services
| and store their configuration on the web - Novell and parts of the community
| seem to agree with Red Hats proposal
`----

http://derstandard.at/?url=/?id=2964567

Gnome panel mania

,----[ Quote ]
| If you’re a GNOME user I expect you’re more than familiar with the panels
| that come as standard with your desktop; if you use openSUSE you’re probably
| also familiar with the slab menu that Novell have developed. There are,
| however, several other applications out there that can extend and beautify
| your Gnome panels.
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/blogs/gnome_panel_mania

Mandriva sponsoring GUADEC 2007, handing out free Flashes

,----[ Quote ]
| Mandriva recently completed its participation in the KDE aKademy 2007
| conference, sponsoring the event, presenting various technologies, and
| providing Mandriva Flash keys to developers attending the conference. Today
| Mandriva announces a similar program for the GNOME conference, GUADEC 2007,
| which is taking place in Birmingham from July 15th to July 21st.
`----

http://blog.mandriva.com/2007/07/13/mandriva-sponsoring-guadec-2007-handing-out-free-flashes/

GNOME 2.19.2 Desktop [Screenshots]

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=719&num=1

`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/blogs/gnome_panel_mania

Mandriva sponsoring GUADEC 2007, handing out free Flashes

,----[ Quote ]
| Mandriva recently completed its participation in the KDE aKademy 2007
| conference, sponsoring the event, presenting various technologies, and
| providing Mandriva Flash keys to developers attending the conference. Today
| Mandriva announces a similar program for the GNOME conference, GUADEC 2007,
| which is taking place in Birmingham from July 15th to July 21st.
`----

http://blog.mandriva.com/2007/07/13/mandriva-sponsoring-guadec-2007-handing-out-free-flashes/

IBM readies Lotus Notes 8

,----[ Quote ]