[News] [Rival] Corruption at Microsoft, IBM, and Dell

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Corruption at Microsoft, IBM, and Dell
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 10:48:11 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft Executive, Robbie Bach: A Master Of Bad Timing

,----[ Quote ]
| At the time of Microsoft’s July 5 announcement, Bach said that, “In the last
| couple of months, we started to see significant increases in repair
| requests … and significant attention from people” regarding an Xbox flaw
| known as “the red ring of death.”
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070816/44666_id.html?.v=1

DoJ says IBM, PwC agree to settle kickback allegations

,----[ Quote ]
| International Business Machines Corp. has agreed to pay about $2.97 million,
| while auditing firm PwC will pay about $2.32 million, the DoJ said in a
| statement.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUKBNG4268720070816?rpc=44

Dell execs skewed numbers to meet earnings targets

,----[ Quote ]
| Dell concluded an internal investigation into its accounting procedures
| Thursday and found that three years' worth of quarterly earnings statements
| were improperly adjusted, and senior executives knew about it.
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9761223-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

More here: http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-6203071.html

On the bright side, Dell's Linux sells _by far_ exceed expectations and they
have just released a nice Linux video:

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/topic.aspx/global/shared/corp/media/en/studio_dell?c=us&l=en&s=corp&targetNetwork=1&targetCha
http://tinyurl.com/3xe3s6