[News] Open Source More Credible for Security Purposes, JavaScript Still a Risk

  • Subject: [News] Open Source More Credible for Security Purposes, JavaScript Still a Risk
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 03:09:35 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Open Source Security, Part 1: Securing Credibility

,----[ Quote ]
| Based on the virus-hunting and removal performance, Morris's own tests led
| him to determine that ClamAV outperformed all the commercial products he
| tested. As a result, Untangle decided to go with ClamAV.
|
| However, neither Morris nor Walters was happy about the unsettled debate over
| open source versus closed source security products. So Morris convinced
| Walters to take their tests further.
|
| "We found that ClamAV was the quickest with the least drained resources. We
| also noticed that same thing with other types of open source security
| products," Morris said. "I didn't believe that open source was better. Now I
| do."

Researchers Warn of Ajax Attacks

,----[ Quote ]
| Among the biggest threats, said Hoffman, is that poorly coded Ajax sites can
| provide hackers with an opening to change the order in which a program
| executes functions.

Yesterday:

Open source security OK, experts assure SMBs

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.computerweekly.com/Articles/2007/08/15/226207/open-source-security-ok-experts-assure-smbs.htm
http://tinyurl.com/2q8svn