[News] Linux on a USB Key Gets Mainstream Media Exposure

  • Subject: [News] Linux on a USB Key Gets Mainstream Media Exposure
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 02:36:49 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Desktops on the move

,----[ Quote ]
| A slightly more expensive but less limited way of creating a portable desktop
| is by going with Mandriva, a version of Linux, installed on a 4GB flash drive
| made by Dane-Elec called the Zmate Pen. This is a full-featured operating
| system that fits into 1 GB of space, leaving the remaining 3GB in the thumb
| drive for extra applications or files.
`----

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070815.wgtkaplab0816/BNStory/Technology/columnists

Related:

Portable Qemu Persistent Ubuntu Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| One advantage to using Qemu hardware emulation as opposed to a
| native USB boot is that it allows you to plug your USB stick or
| portable hard drive into any available PC and run a complete
| operating system without restarting. The additional advantage
| of using Ubuntu's persistent feature is that you can save your
| personal settings, files and changes back to the stick. Qemu and
| persistent Ubuntu make for a nice and simple combination.
`----

http://www.pendrivelinux.com/2007/03/26/portable-qemu-persistent-ubuntu-linux/

Photoshop CS2 on Linux (Ubuntu)

,----[ Quote ]