Re: IBM to Announce Operating System Deal with Sun, Might Acquire Linux Company

____/ Ramon F Herrera on Thursday 16 August 2007 16:04 : \____

> On Aug 16, 6:07 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> Sun, IBM Ink OS Deal
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Longtime rivals IBM Corp. and Sun Microsystems Inc. have signed an
>> | agreement related to operating systems technologies, the two companies
>> | said Wednesday.
>> |
>> | [...]
>> |
>> | In fact, IBM has listed Solaris as one OS option for System X and
>> | BladeCenter systems on its Web site since May, according to the Internet
>> | Archive Web site.
>> |
>> | It's a big step for IBM, since the company has historically been a major
>> | proponent of Linux.
>> `----
>>
>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20070816/tc_pcworld/136022
>>
>> Wind River is on the block: IBM is lead buyer
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Wind River, a leader in real-time and embedded Linux is up for sale.
>> | Sources close to the deal say IBM is the buyer.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.siliconvalleywatcher.com/mt/archives/2007/08/wind_river_is...
>

> "The enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Yes, I'm never worries about IBM. They have given a lot to Linux. Irving,
however, has recently retired. He was behind that whole Linux strategy at IBM.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Get the most out of your hardware. Get Linux.