[News] Code Reuse Made Easier Owing to Open Source Projects, Microsoft Stays out

  • Subject: [News] Code Reuse Made Easier Owing to Open Source Projects, Microsoft Stays out
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 13:02:00 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Koders Continues Innovation of its Code Search Website

,----[ Quote ]
| Koders.com now offers over 700 million lines of open source code aggregated
| from public repositories, corporate developer networks, and projects
| contributed by individual programmers.
`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/news/application/11199/koders-continues-innovation-its-code-search-website
http://tinyurl.com/3yzy8n

Micrsoft is still a control freak and a sociopath, just like Apple with its
iPhone

Microsoft reluctant to match Sony with user-generated content

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the hot topics here at OT lately has been user-created content for
| consoles. With the announcement that the PlayStation 3 version of Unreal
| Tournament 3 would allow users to enjoy all the custom content that has made
| the PC equivalents such long-lasting affairs for years now, Sony and Epic
| opened the door for a whole new era of console-based software.
|
| [...]
|
| Xbox Live is still very much a closed platform, and certification is required
| for everything that finds its way onto the service.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2007/08/15/microsoft-reluctant-to-match-sony-on-the-user-generated-content-front
http://tinyurl.com/24nzjk

Related:

Linux on the PS3

,----[ Quote ]
| After a lot of back and forth I finally got Linux installed on my
| PS3. Ended up installing Yellowdog Linux.
`----

http://blogs.gnome.org/view/uraeus/2007/05/21/0

Microsoft becoming 'software police,' say users

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=windows&articleId=9029161&taxonomyId=125