[News] Analysts Put Their Money on Nintendo, Not Microsoft

  • Subject: [News] Analysts Put Their Money on Nintendo, Not Microsoft
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 12:23:37 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Nintendo: Wii Love Mr. Markets Mood Swings

,----[ Quote ]
| Mr. Market to be one of the most lucrative investing and trading strategies.
| As the market experiences wild mood swings, now is an excellent time to load
| up on my favorite holiday pick: Nintendo.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070815/44517_id.html?.v=1

This one is funny.

Super Nintendo Violated with a Vista Install

,----[ Quote ]
| What's a good way to make a Super Nintendo decidedly less fun? Modify it to
| run Windows Vista, of course.
`----

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/tarnished-memories/super-nintendo-violated-with-a-vista-install-289230.php

Related:

Microsoft: XBox 360 Price Drop Won't Fix Broken Strategy

,----[ Quote ]
| So in the end, it doesn’t matter if the 360 is $50 or even $100 less.
| Ultimately, the price cut will just reveal how niche the system has become.
|
| Exactly. Come on, guys. The blogosphere, be it the guys at GigaOM, Chris
| Kohler at Wired Game I Life or myself, have come up with some pretty rational
| approaches for how you can get it together. Unfortunately, however, our
| protestations seem to fall on deaf ears. Best of luck with your "winning
| strategy." I guess you know best.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070809/43985_id.html?.v=1

Barron's Battle Goes Another Round

,----[ Quote ]
| The contretemps between The Business Press Maven and Barron's turned a bit
| ugly in recent days, even degenerating into a Barron's reporter putting a hex
| on Alex Rodriguez as I headed toward what I hoped to be his 500th home run.
| The hex, I'm sorry to report, worked.
`----

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/newsanalysis/maven/10373760.html?cm_ven=YAHOO&amp&cm_cat=FREE&amp&cm_ite=NA

Stop the Barron's Microsoft Series