[News] Krita Does What Photoshop Cannot

  • Subject: [News] Krita Does What Photoshop Cannot
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 08:11:04 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Significant progress in Colour Mixing in Krita.

,----[ Quote ]
| Emanuele Tamponi introduces the innovative work recently committed to Krita,
| covering paint mixing...
`----

http://commit-digest.org/issues/2007-08-12/

Related:

Krita 1.6: State of the art

,----[ Quote ]
| The KOffice raster image editor Krita reached version 1.6 along
| with the rest of the office suite earlier this month. But don't
| be misled; although Krita comes bundled with KOffice, it is not
| a second-tier productivity accessory like Microsoft Office
| Picture Manager. Krita is a fully-loaded raster graphics
| workhorse that stands on its own.

Installing Photoshop on Ubuntu Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Days after I installed Photoshop in my Linux laptop, I've had no
| major problems using it. I've been able to edit images just as I
| used to when I was still using Windows XP.
`----

http://max.limpag.com/2007/05/27/installing-photoshop-on-ubuntu-linux/

GIMPshop - Linux Graphic Software

,----[ Quote ]
| While the functionalities of GIMP and Photoshop largely overlap,
| window layout, options, tools, and menus have evolved independently
| and are quite different. This causes frustration for people who
| want to switch from Photoshop to GIMP or vice versa.
`----

http://linux.about.com/od/softgraphics/gr/GIMPshop.htm

Adobe Photoshop: Online Edition

,----[ Quote ]