Re: [News] 26 Reasons to Choose Linux

____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Monday 13 August 2007 19:47 : \____

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Mon, 13 Aug 2007 04:24:33 +0100
> <1249170.rpb6VJdXuM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> 25 reasons to switch to Linux
> [snip]
>> Top 10 Reasons to Switch to Ubuntu Linux
> [snip]
>> 11 reasons to use Linux instead of Windows
> [snip]
>> Things I can do in Linux that I can't do on Windows.
> [11 more things snipped]
>
> I count 57 in this post alone, though I've not cross-correlated the four
> articles. :-)
>
> But there's one main reason I use Linux, is because it works for me.
> :-)
>
> OK, make that 58 reasons.

:-)

Well, flyer once said that repeating of the arguments is effective. People tend
to forget old news or just have voids replaced by new developments.

Linux does not get enough media coverage where the media is driven by profit.
There are many factors that drive and motivate journalist and altruism is
rarely one of them. To them, journalism is an occupation, not necessarily a
responsibility.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Open the Gate$ to Hell
Swap:  1510068k total,   721452k used,   788616k free,    51476k cached