Re: Microsoft VIsta....ooopps!

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
tblanchard001 on Monday:

I've been telling my boss (the owner of the company) that
Vista is bad. He wanted to try it, so we now have 4 Vista
boxes in the office, one of which is his.  We added RAM, and
Vista deactivated itself! He's on the phone for an hour+
getting it reactivated.  He said "No more Vista, ever".
This is one of the best days of my life, and it's only 9AM.

So now we know where those millions of Vista 'installs'
Microsoft is claiming actually end up. It's ME all over again,
even worse.

Well, it looks like time for the piper to be paid.

OTOH, using Ubuntu and Debian has been rather boring. No crashes, no unexpected surprises, no proprietary mystery background checks on copy validity, no driver problems, etc.

I can work on it all night until 9AM if I wanted.

--
HPT