Re: "School of the Future" doing well

Tim Smith <reply_in_group@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:reply_in_group-D95357.18021213082007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> Not really Linux related, but since Roy has taken to lying about this
> project on Digg (he's claimed at least twice now that the project
failed
> and was shut down), it's a fair bet that he'll be lying about it here,
> too, so let's preemptively correct him:
>
> <http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/click_online/6917156.stm>

Nice, MS giving something back, well not really, MS is getting consumers
who are graduating on the use of MS's products, but there is nothing bad
about that, they are paying for it after all. However, keep in mind that
this says nothing of the MS products as a whole, it simply suggests that
kids can 'e-learn.' Not that big of a deal, actually, I wish there was a
company who would setup the same thing only with linux. It's equally
possible, would likely be much more reliably, and instead of graduating
MS users we would be graduating Linux users, which will go long way to
promoting linux in every day life.

But, on a whole, though MS has very poor business practices, no one can
really blame bill for not being generous in his charity work. Yes, sure,
many will scream that MS is doing this for there own profit, which is
absolutely true, but they are providing opportunity to those kids. Linux
community should try to do the same thing.

 - Bogdan