[News] Former Novell Linux Evangelist Says Microsoft Cannot be Trusted

  • Subject: [News] Former Novell Linux Evangelist Says Microsoft Cannot be Trusted
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 03:58:06 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Did Microsoft Squelch Korby’s Reply?

,----[ Quote ]
| Voids in public information force people to fill in the empty space with
| conjecture, and seldom does that lead to a positive interpretation of the
| facts. (To be sure, one learns this well from spending time in Novell’s
| ranks.) The lack of response to defend Microsoft’s trustworthiness and
| intentions with Claimspace leads me to suspect that Microsoft cannot provide
| a satisfactory answer to my original question.
|
| Can we trust Microsoft with Claimspace? From what I can tell, the answer is
| no, we can’t.
`----

http://reverendted.wordpress.com/2007/08/13/did-microsoft-squelch-korbys-reply/

He quit Novell some time ago. He knows Microsoft better than those managers.

Related:

9.6 Years: On Beyond Novell

,----[ Quote ]
| March 24th, 2007 was my final day working at Novell. Leaving will be
| anything but easy.
`----

http://reverendted.wordpress.com/2007/04/26/96-years-on-beyond-novell/

Jeremy Allison Has Resigned from Novell to Protest MS Patent Deal

,----[ Quote ]
| The legendary Jeremy Allison (of Samba fame) has resigned from
| Novell in protest over the Microsoft-Novell patent agreement,
| which he calls "a mistake" which will be "damaging to Novell's
| success in the future."

Novell loses another Samba team member

,----[ Quote ]
| A reliable Novell source has sent me Samba team member Guenther
| Deschner's farewell email to Novell staff and a follow-up from Lars
| Mueller, another Samba core team member. Of course Deschner left
| over Novell's agreement with Microsoft and the bad-faith actions
| that Novell has taken regarding its GPL-licensed software in
| connection with that agreement. He follows Samba team leader Jeremy
| Allison.
`----

http://technocrat.net/d/2007/3/13/16012

Novell SA chief quits to join Google