[News] Novell Acquires Local Company for Security Management

  • Subject: [News] Novell Acquires Local Company for Security Management
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 21:54:10 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Novell acquires Senforce Technologies

,----[ Quote ]
| The acquisition gives Novell both security expertise and technology that will
| allow it to tightly integrate endpoint security with its configuration
| management solutions,
`----

http://www.wwpi.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2465

Related:

Charlie Chaplin and the SCO Penguin

,----[ Quote ]
| So why has Novell cut costs well beyond the point of "to the bone",
| and killed any products that are useful to the SMB market? To
| understand Novell today, you must understand IBM, since 4 of Novell's
| top 7 execs made their bones at Big Blue.
|
| [...]
|
| Linux sales simply will not replace Netware sales, and $80 per seat
| support agreements simply cannot compete against "support by Google
| search" that many IT departments depend on.
|
| It was a sad day when I realized that the Novell that I knew would
| never again be a vendor partner for me, or a viable business partner
| for my clients. I went to Brainshares, did beta testing for Novell,
| attended sales conference, have Novell jackets and mugs and tee
| shirts and backpacks and water bottles... but it was time to face
| facts. Novell, in all likelihood, will be bought by IBM. Beyond
| that, Novell will probably be parted out. None of that is good
| for my customers, and probably not good for any Novell customer.
`----

http://www.abend.org/article.php/20070502082147282

Which should Novell buy? XenSource or Altiris?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/openresource/archives/2007/01/which_should_no.html