Re: Microsoft loses key U.S. OpenXML vote

____/ [H]omer on Sunday 12 August 2007 00:15 : \____

http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/08/10/Microsoft-loses-key-US-OpenXML-vote_1.html

>>> Now they're FUCKED. Only ODF will be an ISO standard and MS Office will
>>> fall by the roadside.
>>>
>>> This is a historic day, the beginning of the end...
>>
>> I'm sure ms is quaking in their boots.
>
> In anger, perhaps.
>
> Certainly Sweaty will be his usual bright pink colour.

What's interesting is that the news came on the same day as SCO's dive. Also,
this came days after Dell's offer expanded, Lenovo started preinstalling
Linux, and Google joined OIN.

As Dana B put it, Redmond will be toppled quicker than it ever imagined. Linux
has inertia going for it now and so does ODF. The other day I read another
software package that had chosen ODF.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    #00ff00 Day - Basket Case
Cpu(s): 28.3%us,  4.7%sy,  1.0%ni, 61.3%id,  4.3%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.2%si,  0.0%st