[News] Making Linux Pretty (Yet Lightweight) with AWN and Enlightenment

  • Subject: [News] Making Linux Pretty (Yet Lightweight) with AWN and Enlightenment
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 21:14:49 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Avant Window Navigator

,----[ Quote ]
| A long time ago I started looking for some good dock on linux, that would
| have good features for a day use. I've found a lot of different docks, some
| better than others, and after testing a lot of them like kiba-dock,
| cairo-dock and other I've found Avant Window Navigator.
`----

http://initdotd.blogspot.com/2007/08/avant-window-navigator.html

Elive 0.9 beta-9 MacBook Edition [screenshots]

http://www.linuxmonitor.net/shots/thumbnails-7.html

Related:

Enlightenment Engage Dock

,----[ Quote ]
| Engage is a beautiful dock replacement for Linux. It looks
| high tech, futuristic, and smooth enough to be on anyH
| ollywood blockbuster.
`----

http://pimpyourlinux.com/linux-feature-review/enlightenment-engage-dock/

Initial Implementation of Desktop Icons in E17

,----[ Quote ]
| E17 is maturing, and the TODO that needs to be completed for its
| release is shrinking.
`----

http://www.osnews.com/story.php/17920/Initial-Implementation-of-Desktop-Icons-in-E17

E17 -- Desktop Enlightenment

,----[ Quote ]
| You need to install E17 in order to fully appreciate the magnificent
| work of the programmers. The direction of changes is very good -- e17
| delivers a nice-looking desktop with many special effects, being easy
| and lightweight at the same time. When compared to its predecessor
| -- e16 -- it shows that the desktop personalization and new effects
| do not have to trigger additional hardware purchases. I only wish Ic
| ould say the same about GNOME and KDE. Also, I have to say that I
| wish the Microsoft products were as stable and functional as e17
| in alpha phase.
`----

http://polishlinux.org/apps/window-managers/e17-desktop-enlightenment/

Elive 0.6.2 development released

,----[ Quote ]
| Between the work still's on new things, Elive has released a new ISO, this
| iso contains basically updates of packages:
|
|     * Packages updated: All the packages to has updates, set to day
|     * Firefox 2: Now called iceweasel is fully implemented,
|       remember that thunderbird is now called icedove too
|     * Flash 9: The first version stable of Flash 9 is released,
|       enjoy it directly on your Elive
`----

http://www.elivecd.org/gb/Main/News/_articles/51.html

Elive 0.5.2 Screenshot Walkthrough

,----[ Quote ]
| The beta version of the future Flash 9 is included; update from X.Org
| 7.0 to 7.1; Intel wireless firmware updates for the ipw2x00 models
| of wireless cards; Torus trooper, an amazing game made by Kenta Cho,
| with a retro-futuristic style; Transmission, a small basic
| BitTorrent client...
`----

http://www.thecodingstudio.com/opensource/linux/?q=node/24

YDL uses Enlightnement and runs on the Playstation 3

http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/products/ydl/