Re: [News] GNOME Assimilates to Windows?

After takin' a swig o' grog, Kier belched out this bit o' wisdom:

> On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 03:27:07 +0000, Linonut wrote:
>
>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o'
>> wisdom:
>>
>>> Mono developer brings the Ribbon interface to Linux
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> version of | MonoDevelop, an open source IDE for C# programming. `----
>>>
>>    I hate to break it to you, but Miguel Icaza is and always has been a
>>    gigantic charlatan.
>
> Not the whole story. Try this:
>
> Sorry, but this is crap. GNOME is not only Icasa, even in the begining.
>
> Roy, paranoia is not attractive.
>
> If only Glenn Curtis had not admired the Wright Brothers achievement. If
> only Henry Ford had joined the Daimler's in developing their car.
>
> Roy, perhaps you'd like to do a follow-up to this article after talking
> to someone who is actually involved in GNOME?
>
> - Jeff (the other person who was independently interviewed and quoted in
> that article)"

Thanks for the balance, Kier.

However, I still think Icaza is a loose cannon, and too smitten with
Microsoft, if even some of what I hear is correct.

But, I'll check out his blog for awhile.

--
Tux rox!