Re: [News] [Rival] "Usually Microsoft doesn't develop products, we buy products."

____/ BearItAll on Thursday 30 August 2007 13:44 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Microsoft to acquire Parlano
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Microsoft and Parlano did not disclose financial details of the deal but
>> | said they expect it to close in October.
>> `----
>>
>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070829/ap_on_hi_te/microsoft_parlano
>>

> "Executives for the two companies said they do not yet know if any of
> Parlano's staff will be laid off,"
>
> Go on Parlano employees, take a wild guess.
>
> I hope you didn't spend too much of your savings on your summer holidays.

I suspect that some XenSource employees when Microsoft/Citrix snatched them. We
know for a fact that "a lot of SUSE developers" left Novell because of their
deal with Microsoft (according to Gartner). Some time ago, people said that
this was the reason Microsoft could never even consider buying Red Hat. There
are other companies whose employees were upset and insulted by takeovers that
had them inherit Microsoft's criminal status.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Here be hills, there be dragons!
Swap:  1510068k total,   321512k used,  1188556k free,    77344k cached