[News] Linux Built for Ones's Needs the D-I-Y Approach, Costumised Via the Web

  • Subject: [News] Linux Built for Ones's Needs the D-I-Y Approach, Costumised Via the Web
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 09:43:14 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
DIY Linux live CD -- the really easy way!

,----[ Quote ]
| This lesser known Slackware-derived project offers a Web-based tool that
| lets users concoct, and then download, their own customized live CD Linux
| images -- in minutes!

There are some other similar projects.

Related:

Fedora 7: Community remix

,----[ Quote ]
| Everything about Fedora’s process is now in the open and can be customized to
| any organization or community’s needs. Those already running Fedora or any
| operating system in the Red Hat family can now build packages and communities
| in the exact same way that Fedora does.
`----

http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/08/07/fedora-7-community-remix/

Fedora and Creative Commons Team Up To Deliver LiveContent Distribution

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat and Creative Commons have said that Fedora 7 will serve as the
| platform for Creative Commons LiveContent CD, an initiative to showcase free,
| open source software and dynamic, Creative Commons-licensed multimedia
| content.
`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/news/linux/11085/fedora-creative-commons-team-deliver-livecontent-distribution

Remixing Fedora 7

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 7 hits the streets on May 31st. One of the most exciting
| features of the Fedora 7 release is the fact that users can remix
| the Fedora code in any variety of ways. Tools are provided that
| allow the user to build either a customized LiveCD or installable
| ISO, and to reach out to any 3rd-party RPM repositories and pull
| in packages from them at compose time.
`----

http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/05/31/remixing-fedora-7/

Indian schools to use homebrew Debian distro

,----[ Quote ]
| IT@School GNU/Linux is a customized, single-CD distribution that includes
| the applications typically required by a high school student or teacher,
| according to the project. Apart from a wide range of typical desktop
| software, it also contains educational programs such as TuxPaint,
| Ghemical, Kalzium, DrGeo, and Gcompris, school spokesperson Vimal Joseph
| told DesktopLinux.com.

Salesforce.com CEO: Customization is king

,----[ Excerpt ]
`----

http://news.com.com/2100-1012_3-6124153.html?part=rss&tag=6124153&subj=news