Re: [News] SCO is Likely to Appeal

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> SCO Likely To Appeal Novell Ruling, CEO Darl McBride Says
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | McBride said Kimball's ruling "was a pretty hard shot." He said he heard
> | the news while sitting in a conference room preparing for SCO's launch
> | of new mobile products. "I got a call from our general counsel; he
> | dropped a bomb," McBride said.
> `----
>
> http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=201802921
>
> Going down with the ship then. Nice UNIX timeline:

http://www.zwahlendesign.ch/images/screenshot/unix_desktop_macosx_1600x1200.jpg

Thats a nice timeline, I haven't seen a UNIX/Linux timeline written out
before, then in those early years so many things were happening at once
that you never thought to look around and put things into any sort of
order.

For SCO, I think the graph makes it pretty obvious that they never had a
claim of ownership of all UNIX. But at the same time, can anyone see
Novell's name in that lot, I am happy for the courts ruling in favour of
Novell, for Linux's sake, but in real terms Novell don't own UNIX either.

http://www.cbronline.com/article_news.asp?guid=12A15472-0D2D-4B86-8121-992AEA422BBB

http://www.businessreviewonline.com/os/archives/2007/08/if_this_is_true.html

http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=201801912&cid=RSSfeed_IWK_News

http://www.fool.com/investing/high-growth/2007/08/28/sco-goes-bust-in-the-courtroom.aspx