[News] [Rival] With Windows, Even Bug Fixes (Not Reports) Require Testers

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] With Windows, Even Bug Fixes (Not Reports) Require Testers
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 02:53:32 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Vista SP1 planned for Q1 2008, beta in weeks

,----[ Quote ]
| "SP1 will contain changes focused on addressing specific reliability and
| performance issues we’ve identified via customer feedback, supporting new
| types of hardware, and adding support for several emerging standards," says
| White.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14221&Itemid=1054

They are careful not to mention "security", "bugs", "crashed". Just gentle
words like "reliability" and "performance".

"We released a product with some *known* defects, we have fixed some of those
defects, but we probably introduced some new defects while fixing those old
defects, so have a spin and report them". That's just indication of poor
coding. It's like patching a broken patch, which is almost a monthly
occurrence (making patching slow, incomplete, and prone to breakage).

XP SP3: TechNet and MSDN subscribers to get beta in two weeks

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=682