[News] New Linux 2.6.23 RC is Out, Contains Many Improvement

  • Subject: [News] New Linux 2.6.23 RC is Out, Contains Many Improvement
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 03:13:41 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Linux 2.6.23-rc4

,----[ Quote ]
| “I think the shortlog is _just_ too big to be posted on the kernel mailing
| list, but since it can mostly be described with the one word “boring”, it’s
| not a huge loss.
`----

http://lkmltimes.brucalipto.org/announce/linux-2623-rc4/

Related:

Linux 2.6.23-rc3

,----[ Quote ]
| Early this morning (UTC) Linus Torvalds announce the third release candidate
| of 2.6.23: “Either people really are calming down, and figuring out that
| we’re in the stabilization phase, or it’s just that it’s the middle of
| August, and most everybody at least in Europe are off on vacation.”
`----

http://lkmltimes.brucalipto.org/announce/linux-2623-rc3/

Linux: Enforcing the Merge Window

,----[ Quote ]
| Following a recent merge request, Linus Torvalds stressed that he was serious
| about not wanting to merge any big changes after the merge window closes...
`----

http://kerneltrap.org/node/14152

Interactive Linux Kernel Map

,----[ Quote ]
| Click to the map to ZOOM
| Optimized for Firefox
`----

http://www.linuxdriver.co.il/kernel_map_plain

Kernel space: Once upon atime

,----[ Quote ]
| A new kernel patch would address Linux's number one I/O deficiency.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/081407-kernel.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

40 feet of kernel developers

,----[ Quote ]
| OveQuoter 40 feet long, hopefully I can find a wall that long for people to
| be able to look at the thing...
|
| I also uploaded the PDF files if others want to try their hand at printing
| this monstrosity out.
`----

http://www.kroah.com/log/diary

Linux contributor base broadens