[News] KDE 4 is Getting New Launcher (Kicker No Longer Windows-esque)

  • Subject: [News] KDE 4 is Getting New Launcher (Kicker No Longer Windows-esque)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 12:19:29 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
KDE 4: first hints of the kicker replacement

,----[ Quote ]
| I’m looking forward to see the new working system bar - and I’m especially
| looking forward to the possibilities of dragging&dropping of Plasmoids
| between the desktop and the system bar. Also I do really hope that the new
| base for the system bar is now flexible enough so that other developers can
| develop their own in the future!
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/08/27/kde-4-first-hints-of-the-kicker-replacement/

Some pictures (in progress).

Nicely themed KDE desktop, in case you fancy Brushed Metal:

Managing and keeping tabs of network traffic on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Is your Net connection slow? Ever wonder what the hell’s going down the wire?
| Here are five free and effective tools to diagnose network traffic issues.
`----

http://rudd-o.com/archives/2007/08/23/keeping-tabs-on-network-traffic-on-linux/

Yesterday:

Windows Vienna and IE8 Features Leaked