[News] Linux Writers Think That Microsfot's Attack on Linux Can be Ignored

  • Subject: [News] Linux Writers Think That Microsfot's Attack on Linux Can be Ignored
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 12:03:37 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Why would I care about Microsoft? - Part 2

,----[ Quote ]
| Consider, for example, the variety of responses that Microsoft has made to
| free software in the last year. It’s tried co-opting companies like Novell,
| Linspire, and Xandros. It’s made unsupported threats about patent violations
| in GNU/Linux. It’s talked about wanting to cooperate with the free software
| community. Just ask yourself: Are these the actions of the winning side? Or
| are they a sign that the company is desperately looking for a winning
| strategy in a losing fight, or divided internally?
|
| The truth is, free software has come a long way from its days of
| vulnerability.
`----

http://brucebyfield.wordpress.com/2007/08/26/why-would-i-care-about-microsoft-part-2/

Point of Attack

,----[ Quote ]
| Yesterday's title was "Time to Write About Something Besides Redmond". I
| attempted to make a point about moving our attention from non-productive to
| productive behavior.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1000274

Referring to:

Time to Write About Something Besides Redmond

http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1000273