[News] [Rival] Aero Glass Has Bugs (Just Like the Rest of Windows Vista)

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Aero Glass Has Bugs (Just Like the Rest of Windows Vista)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 02:29:39 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
What is wrong with Flip 3D and Control Panel in Windows Vista?

,----[ Quote ]
| At the same time running control panel is impossible. Control panel window
| appears for a very very short time (as an empty window) and disappears
| instantly. None of the components of control panel are operational. For
| example you cannot even change your background wallpaper.
| The confusing part is that it does not happen every time the system boots up.
|
| I googled the problem but found few things as to what the reason could be. It
| is suggested that a driver, or software that you have installed might be the
| problem. But believe me, you cannot find out which one is to blame.
`----

http://osnovice.blogspot.com/2007/08/what-is-wrong-with-flip-3d-and-control.html

Glossy, shiny, polished software from the world's 'leading' software company.

Related:

"Mommy, it's broken." 2 weeks with Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| After 5 years of development, Vista still isn't ready for prime time.
| It's like taking a car without an engine and putting a new coat of
| paint on it. Sure it looks pretty, but it still doesn't work. I would
| wait at least 6 months if not a year to invest in Vista. In fact I
| personally will be putting XP on my laptop because Vista crashes too
| much for me to use everyday.
|
| This review doesn't take into account the DRM and anti-piracy
| issues that have been brought up by Vista. Without taking those
| into account I still wouldn't buy Vista.
`----

http://www.pocatelloshops.com/blogs/Journal_Science.php?id=2208

Programs Cannot Be Uninstalled In Vista?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/07/15/1641254&from=rss