Re: Windows Genuine Advantage suffers worldwide outage, problems galore

____/ [H]omer on Saturday 25 August 2007 19:25 : \____

<http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070825-windows-genuine-advantage-suffers-worldwide-outage-problems-galore.html>

>> For my part, those problems can continue indefinately. WGA is shit, and I
>> certainly hope that millions of users are affected thy this typical MS
>> incompetence
>
> When a user's /permission/ to use software is utterly dependant on some
> draconian umbilical link, what happens when that link is severed?
>
> Well now we have the answer.
>
> We all knew that it was only a matter of time before WGA went into
> meltdown. The system has never worked properly, but now it has
> demonstrated on a massive scale, exactly how much of a /disadvantage/ it
> really is.

It was only a matter of time. Hasn't anyone predicted this? Outage of ATMs due
to WGA rather than actual capability? Or connection problems? Imagine
deploying such things on an aircraft.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Y |-(1^2)|^(1/2)+1 K