Re: This explains a lot...

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
waterskidoo on Tuesday
Tim Smith wrote:

This comment of Roy's from a Digg thread on weird Windows
error messages explains why he makes so many mistakes
about Windows:

This is as brilliant as this new screenshot from Vista
(seriously): http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/4755/1002398ii4.jpg

He can't tell the difference between Vista and the BIOS.

<http://www.digg.com/microsoft/Your_Password_Must _Be_at_Least_17_145_Characters>

That's a BIOS hit for sure. Could just be no keyboard
plugged in and the setting in BIOS is for an installed
keyboard. Could also be a defective keyboard, or a stuck
key.

I was quoting the context in which this was found. I knew very
well when I wrote this that it was most likely BIOS (It
doesn't have to be), but the person who posted this photo said
it was a Vista PC.

Perhaps, but there is an option in most BIOS, "Halt on all errors except keyboard". Haven't tried it lately, but some of the mobo's with earlier BIOS would boot up without the keyboard.

One problem or discrepancy I see with the graphic is this. If one's keyboard has failed, how does one hit <F1> or <F2> to enter BIOS setup?

--
HPT