Re: Bill Gates Buys Media, Media Attacks Microsoft Rival with FUD

____/ Mark Kent on Friday 24 August 2007 18:21 : \____

>> ____/ High Plains Thumper on Saturday 11 August 2007 20:09 : \____

>>> What I find interesting in the slashdot article is the ad just
>>> below it.  It states, "State Government Says Linux Was Too Big a
>>> Risk", another FUD ad by Microsoft.
>>
>> Yes, I saw this before and these government people were criticised for
>> embracing and helping Big Lie tactics (
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_lie ).
>>

> I don't think I've ever seen a company more overt in its manipulation of
> government and the media than Microsoft.  The cigarette companies did a
> really good job pretending that they didn't know about the damage
> smoking causes, at least, until somebody split the beans;  and the oil
> companies are right now doing a cracking job of hiding the impact of
> global warming and pretending that it has nothing to do with
> industrialisation - they're so successful that a large number of people,
> even *here* have been fooled.  The problem with this whole approach,
> really, is that it works.

Yes, I have almost lost a friend who has been brainwashed by the oil giants.
How can anyone deny physics? Answer above (hint: Wikipedia).

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Seeing bad movies only encourages them"
Tasks: 118 total,   1 running, 117 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie