Re: [News] iPhones to Serve as MythTV Remote Controls

____/ Mark Kent on Friday 24 August 2007 18:45 : \____

>> ____/ [H]omer on Wednesday 15 August 2007 11:42 : \____

>>> Finally the iPhone is useful for something.
>>
>> $600 + contract for a remote and a cellphone? No, thanks. I can envision a
>> person sitting on the train using a Palm Foleo, connected to the Wi-fi
>> network while the poor person next to him punched and pinched a three-inch
>> screen to fill in some Web form.
>>

> The handset industry is far more advanced than new players seem to think
> it is.  Many of the involved companies have been manufacturing telecoms
> kit for at least twice as long as Microsoft and Apple have even existed.
>
> Similarly for consumer electronics.  Microsoft's Xbox war with Sony
> doesn't seem to be going all that well for them.

They seem to have stopped with the guerrilla advertising, but maybe it's just
because it's August. Either way, XBox360 sales have sunk. What has been lost
in this venture so far will remain as is.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Download Othello: http://othellomaster.com
Mem:    515500k total,   441392k used,    74108k free,     4892k buffers