[News] [Rival] Windows Vista Can Harm Hardware

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Can Harm Hardware
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 10:59:48 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
How Windows Vista almost destroyed my Laptop!

,----[ Quote ]
| DON'T and I mean DO NOT install Windows Vista. If somebody tries to sell you
| Windows Vista then RUN! Windows Vista had due to it's intense
| background-processes heated up my CPU over such a long time to such a high
| temperature that the cooling systems of my laptop started literally FALLING
| APART! For me Windows Vista is nothing more than Malware, Spyware or
| RootKitWare. Let's all hope it either becomes stable within some 14-15
| Service Packs or that it becomes ABANDON-ware.
`----

http://ajaxwidgets.com/Blogs/thomas/how_windows_vista_almost_destr.bb

"Windows Vista is nothing more than Malware, Spyware or RootKitWare...", just
like installing security software that does more harm then good...

Hackers prowl for Trend Micro vuln

,----[ Quote ]
| Hackers have begun actively scanning for recently announced vulnerabilities
| in Trend Micro's ServerProtect product.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/08/23/trend_micro_vuln_scanning/

Related:

Is an antivirus gap looming?

,----[ Quote ]
| The failure of antivirus companies to adapt to the dramatic malware
| appearance rates in 2007 tells us there's time for a change and there's room
| for a new class of tools. "AV is dead" is the battle cry of a new industry
| analyst report. Antivirus companies may not be going the way of the dodo, but
| to many customers, the concept of antivirus as the last line of defense has
| been thrown out the window. It's time for a better approach, one that can
| keep up and really defend networks.
`----

http://news.com.com/2010-7348_3-6195322.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

Predicting the demise of antivirus apps