Re: [News] XBox360 So Dangerous That M&S Bans It; Sony Revving up Products

____/ [H]omer on Thursday 23 August 2007 20:06 : \____

>> ____/ waterskidoo on Thursday 23 August 2007 16:16 : \____

> This must surely mean that M&S are "zealots" for boycotting the Xbox,
> much like I am for daring to boycott IE on my website, and you are for
> boycotting Novell. Oh wait ... maybe it's not bigotry after all, but
> just redressing a problem.

+1.

>>> At the moment though the Xbox has the hot games and that's
>>> a major factor with the kids.
>>
>> It also hot problems that are a major factor with Red Rings of Death.
>
> Yes, especially for one kid in particular, for whom the "death" was
> tragically literal. But hush ... that Xbox didn't /really/ kill that
> kid, it's all just a paranoid conspiracy.

People have told me that this happened before XBox360 was released, so I'm no
longer sure about is. What I *do* know is that lawsuits were filed last year
(more than one, AFAIK) because house were burned down and the fire started
with the poorly-designed and prematurely-released XBox360. They should have
recalled all units, gone back to the drawing board. and done the right (and
responsible) thing. They never did because it was important for them to gain
market share before their competitors arrive (late 2006). The consumer
suffers.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: 111111 X 111111 = 12345654321
 00:05:01 up 17 days,  2:58,  4 users,  load average: 3.04, 2.58, 2.34