[News] [Rival] Windows Users Are Upgrading... Back to XP or to Linux

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Windows Users Are Upgrading... Back to XP or to Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 13:27:12 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft Vista Satisfaction (Or Not), Part Deux

,----[ Quote ]
| A pool has started now in the office: How long before Doug chucks
| Vista and asks for a downgrade (upgrade?) to Windows XP. You’re all invited
| to play. The only prize is bragging rights.
`----

http://www.pcdoctor-community.com/pcdblog/2007/08/22/microsoft-vista-satisfaction-or-not-part-deux/

Here is another one that is stuck with a Vista preload and struggles to get it
to work with XP instead. It is made deliberately hard so that people swallow
the Vista poisons (no more XP in 2008 and fewer drivers available).

http://discussions.hardwarecentral.com/showthread.php?t=175186&page=5

More stories like this appeared in the past. In some cases, the vendor won't
make a move back to older versions possible (optimal case for Linux).

Related:

How to Downgrade Vista Business to XP Pro

,----[ Quote ]
| First let me say that we do not believe that a small business should
| be using Vista yet. There are too many issues that still need to be
| worked out. I am not trying to say that you can?t make Vista work,
| you can, but it can take a lot of time. You may not have any
| problems with Vista but if you do they can become very costly.
`----

http://blog.techbundle.com/?p=5

Creative Labs Develops ALchemy for Audigy-series

,----[ Quote ]

http://www.dailytech.com/Creative+Labs+Develops+ALchemy+for+Audigyseries/article7145c.htm