[News] [Rival] Vista Kernel Exposed to Attacks Again, Worm Attacks Peak

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Vista Kernel Exposed to Attacks Again, Worm Attacks Peak
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 12:01:20 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Can Microsoft ever stop kernel tampering in Vista?

,----[ Quote ]
| I was just going through the slides from Joanna Rutkowska’s Black Hat talk
| (127-page .ppt file) and discovered that there’s another unpatched driver
| flaw that exposes Windows Vista to kernel tampering.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=447

Storm Worm of a thousand faces

,----[ Quote ]
| Infections have shown a massive increase in recent weeks, being detected in
| 1.7 million unique hosts, according to internet security provider
| SecureWorks. That compared with just 2,817 hosts from January to May. The
| number of attacks blocked by SecureWorks has similarly skyrocketed, from
| 71,342 for the first five months of the year to 20.2 million since June.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/08/21/mutating_storm_worm/

Related:

Botnet 'pandemic' threatens to strangle the net

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/26/botnet_threat/