Re: Children's Reviews of OLPC XO Technology

____/ waterskidoo on Monday 20 August 2007 17:41 : \____

http://www.olpcnews.com/implementation/maintenance/childrens_reviews_xo_technology.html

>> "While we can endlessly debate One Laptop Per Child on OLPC News, what
>> really matters will be the opinions and adoption of XO technology by
>> children. And recently children have been expressing their views on
>> the matter..."
>
> Great post!
> Good to see the program is getting off the ground.

They are getting more contracts as time goes by. It's all about inertia,
production costs that are lowered as a function of adoption, and cattle
effect.

These units are built to serve a very specific purpose, endure falls, and
become part of a wireless mesh. It is very important not to see them as a
rival to 'western' laptops that connect to plenty of shiny Cisco routers, get
stored in a padded briefcase, and are used to prepare presentations.

An aristocrat's sexual escapades equate to Technocrat's hot RSS feed
Tasks: 110 total,   1 running, 109 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie