[News] Silicon.com Poll: 65% Will Never Touch Windows Vista

  • Subject: [News] Silicon.com Poll: 65% Will Never Touch Windows Vista
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 04:53:20 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Poll: Vista gets vote of no confidence

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft's Windows Vista operating system is failing to win over silicon.com
| readers, with two-thirds (65 per cent) saying their organisation will never
| move onto XP's successor.
|
| [...]
|
| In another recent silicon.com poll, XP was named by 42 per cent of
| respondents as their most preferred OS. Vista gained 14 per cent of the vote
| but was beaten by both Apple's Mac OS X and Linux.
`----

http://software.silicon.com/os/0,39024651,39169395,00.htm

Recent:

Poll: In a fight between Vista, OS X, Linux, XP...

,----[ Quote ]
| Among silicon.com readers at least, the most recent iteration of Windows -
| aka Vista - garnered just 14 per cent of the vote, making it less popular
| than both Mac OS X and Linux.
|
| [...]
|
| Another reader - going by the name Richard A - said he was "shocked" at how
| slow the OS ran on a new Intel core duo Sony Vaio laptop. "Why anybody would
| willingly trade a stable and established XP environment for the wading though
| treacle experience of driverless Vista is quite utterly beyond me," he said,
| adding: "Granted, it has borrowed a few nice flourishes from the Apple Mac
| user interface but it really has little else to recommend it above XP. Apart
| from security, of course."
|
| Neil Thatcher, an IT manager from the South East, summed up many readers'
| views with his Reader Comment: "The changes to Vista over XP are simply gloss
| and change for change's sake which translate as nothing more than
| annoyances."
|
| Microsoft was unavailable for comment at the time of publication.
`----

http://software.silicon.com/os/0,39024651,39169139,00.htm

Related:

Will Vista cause a switch to Macs, Linux?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9584_22-6196884.html