Re: Microsoft Caught Offering 'Free Lunch' to Shut up Critics

* flatfish fired off this tart reply:

> Getting back to the subject line, haven't you, Roy Schestowitz, ever
> been to a dog and pony show?  It doesn't have to be software, it could
> be anything.  A trade show, COMDEX, SEMA etc?
>
> I suppose being well protected hiding behind the safe haven of
> academia, you have not experienced this "8th wonder of the earth".
>
> Freebies are the name of the game and the person who gets the most
> "wins".  Tee shirts, gym bags, you name it are all for the taking as
> long as you sit and listen to the brainwashing for a few minutes and
> ACT PROFESSIONALLY.  Now I know that last one is going to be tough for
> you, at least after hearing your podcast, but try your best.  Someday
> when you stop being a lab rat they might let you out to be wined and
> dined a little.

News flash for the flatfish:  the same stuff happens in academia.

Go to a conference, get a lot of vendor schwag.

By the way, for the best in free food and booze, go to the suite rented
by a hearing-aid company.

--
Tux rox!