Re: [News] [Rival] Vista Kills Microsoft's Prospects with Small Computers

> Microsoft's Big Problem in a Small Box
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Vista is a big operating system that demands monster graphics and dual-core
> | processors. But what if the market pines for a whole lot less?
> |
> | [...]
> |
> | The mass move to mobile computing is a destabilizing force and harbinger of
> | change. Microsoft's position would be better if Vista didn't demand so much
> | when the market wants so little.
> `----

Interesting.  I don't know if the current trend of lightweight
desktops and sub-notebooks will be as market shaking as this
article implies, but whatever the impact it certainly favors
Linux over Windows.  With Vista, MS has basically rolled out
a gas guzzling SUV when the market was asking for hybrids.

Thad