Re: CEOs: Anlysts Like IDC and Gartner Are Jokes, Microsoft Puppets, Anti-Linux

flatfish <flatfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'd love to see Linux wipe out Windows, however I haven't seen it yet
> and in truth I don't see it happening in my lifetime, nor yours if you
> are indeed 7 years old.

And there was a time everyone thought Novell would rule the LAN
marketplace forever.  Times change, and in the technology world
change is the only constant.  It certainly takes years for an
install base to churn, but I've no doubt we will be looking at a
radically different landscape 20 year from now.  I plan to still
be alive then.  Perhaps you have some terminal condition you are
not telling us about?

Thad