[News] Op-ed: How Jeff Waugh Helped Microsoft, Drove People Away from GNOME

  • Subject: [News] Op-ed: How Jeff Waugh Helped Microsoft, Drove People Away from GNOME
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 20:40:18 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
The Linux.com chat files: Jeff Waugh on "Poop" and "Pita"

,----[ Quote ]
| A statement as clear as "MS delivered OOXML to ECMA as-is MS make the
| decisions about changing it we're drilling for docs" was missed which lead to
| a lot of confusion in the Gnome user community. According to some unconfirmed
| rumours a popular SCO case blogger was so pissed that the person considered
| to switch from Gnome to another Desktop environment. I find it nice that the
| Gnome Foundation "drilled" Microsoft for more documentation. But maybe that
| was soo wrong, too? What if the amount of documentation helped them to sell
| their "standard" to ISO?
`----

http://www.noooxml.org/forum/t-30201/the-linux-com-chat-files:jeff-waugh-on-poop-and-pita

The podcast was a set-up involving Miguel de Icaza as well, sources say. They
pulled a Doug/Brian Jones routine for the monopolist, says another.

Yesterday:

Waugh Partners win 2007 NSW Pearcey Award

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;1630780103