Re: [News] [SOT] MPAA Steps on Internet's Toes, Wants Packets Intercepted

____/ Mark Kent on Friday 07 December 2007 14:38 : \____

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20071205-mpaa-head-content-filtering-in-isps-best-interests.html

>> Not tracking, but filtering, i.e. killing communications regardless of what
>> they are (even legitimate).
>
> What a piece of glorious spin.  The "criminals" are drooling over the
> margins made by MPAA members, not by copyright violators.

Yes, I spotted that too. That's why the MPAA will offer "enablement" while
Microsoft adds the "genuine advantage" 'feature' to Windows. Then,
all "pirates" will be fed to the sharks, "naked PCs" will wear a Vista gown
(DRM-enabling kernel), and "non-proprietary" systems will become extinct
(because, as we all know, "hacker" no longer means what it used to mean).

Roy S. Schestowitz      | UNIX: Because a PC is a terrible thing to waste
 20:00:01 up 3 days,  2:20,  3 users,  load average: 0.32, 0.93, 0.98