[News] iTWire Reporter on Ongoing Migration from Windows to GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] iTWire Reporter on Ongoing Migration from Windows to GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 09:54:50 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
The Road from Windows - Time for change

,----[ Quote ]
| Having switched from Outlook to Thunderbird for email, it makes sense to
| consider Thunderbird's Lightning plugin for my calendar.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/15628/1085/

Awesome screenshot, What a linux desktop could be.

http://cekstatus.blogspot.com/2007/12/awesome-screenshot-what-linux-desktop.html

Related:

Bye bye Windows I don't need you anymore

,----[ Quote ]
| I have some free time over Easter so maybe the holidays will be the
| beginning of a new and enduring relationship, as well as the
| finalization of a long overdue divorce.

Linux: The Wave of the Future

,----[ Quote ]
| One such device (I can't name it here due to contract provisions) I
| tested last week worked quite well on Vista. By simply plugging it
| in and syncing the device, I found it not only easy to use, but
| robust for what it was doing. But it was when I plugged it into my
| Linux box that the device truly realized its potential. Without
| being bogged down by bulky programs and an over-zealous OS, the
| device worked almost 30% quicker on Ubuntu, and was truly a
| pleasure to use. When I plugged it back into the Vista machine,
| I had a whole new lease on life.
`----

http://bungatech.com/2007/05/25/linux-the-wave-of-the-future/

"Mommy, it's broken." 2 weeks with Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| After 5 years of development, Vista still isn't ready for prime time.
| It's like taking a car without an engine and putting a new coat of
| paint on it. Sure it looks pretty, but it still doesn't work. I would
| wait at least 6 months if not a year to invest in Vista. In fact I
| personally will be putting XP on my laptop because Vista crashes too
| much for me to use everyday.
|
| This review doesn't take into account the DRM and anti-piracy
| issues that have been brought up by Vista. Without taking those
| into account I still wouldn't buy Vista.
`----

http://www.pocatelloshops.com/blogs/Journal_Science.php?id=2208

Windows Vista running with no RAM!

,----[ Quote ]