[News] Microsoft Loves the Comment Line Interface Again

  • Subject: [News] Microsoft Loves the Comment Line Interface Again
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 23:01:15 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
If the GUI is so good. Then why is Microsoft dropping it?

,----[ Quote ]
| I was informed in an earlier article that windows 2008 is able to be
| installed without the GUI so I wondered. If the GUI is so good. If all
| programs and system configuration can be done through the point and click
| interface. Then why is Microsoft giving the option of installing windows 2008
| without the GUI interface? Further why are windows aficionado's touting this
| as a "Good Thing (TM)"?
`----

http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/linux/locutus/archives/if-the-gui-is-so-good-then-why-is-microsoft-dropping-it-20951
http://tinyurl.com/35cb8e

Related:

10 Reasons Why the Command Line is More User-Friendly than the Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| Keying is faster than mousing.
|
| It's easier to both give and get help.
|
| Repetitive stress injury comes from the mouse, not the keyboard.
|
| Commands are standard where GUIs are not.

http://penguinpetes.com/b2evo/index.php?title=10_reasons_why_the_command_line_is_more_&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Linux on the line: musings on the CLI / GUI flip-flop

,----[ Quote ]
| People are a funny lot. One person’s trash is another person’s treasure. And
| one person’s primary means of instructing a computer is met with disdain by
| another. There’s a perennial battle between mousers and keyboard jockeys,
| and “what’s in” appears to go in cycles.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/15449/1141/

Geek to Live: The command line comeback

,----[ Quote ]