[News] Linux Network Setup/Management Utilities Improved Significantly

  • Subject: [News] Linux Network Setup/Management Utilities Improved Significantly
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 07:25:39 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Func team puts network management back in sysadmins' control

,----[ Quote ]
| DeKoenigsberg envisions Func as an integral part of Red Hat's new Linux
| automation strategy of "certify once, deploy anywhere. This is another piece
| of that. We don't want to oversell this idea -- it's in its infancy -- but it
| does have the potential to be one of the things at the center of that
| automation strategy.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/122046

Network-Manager-GNOME vs. Wicd Reviewed

,----[ Quote ]
| Having spent the last few days really examining what Gutsy has to offer on
| the wireless front, I have been content with improvements made to the
| network-manager for GNOME. Having thoroughly tested my RT2500 and RT61 Ralink
| wireless cards, I was impressed with the new wireless stack and
| network-manager's ability to handle the wireless cards with zero hassle.
`----

http://www.osweekly.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2707&Itemid=449

Related:

Home networking software as open source