[News] Free Software IPO Candidate in Redmond's Back Yard Press

  • Subject: [News] Free Software IPO Candidate in Redmond's Back Yard Press
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 04:19:38 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
MySQL might steal spotlight

,----[ Quote ]
| Similar to Linux, the MySQL software was hatched by visionary hobbyists in
| Finland, in this case two Swedes and a Finn who met at Helsinki University of
| Technology in the 1980s. Twenty years later, after the software was widely
| used and refined by companies and enthusiasts, MySQL started growing as a
| company.
`----

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2004048958_brier03.html

Related:

MySQL: OEM Partners Key to Business

,----[ Quote ]
| The open source database vendor is signing more and more ISV partnerships
| every day.
`----

http://www.channelinsider.com/article/MySQL+OEM+Partners+Key+to+Business/216998_1.aspx

Cream 3.0 released, switches to MySQL

,----[ Quote ]
| Campware has released a new version of Cream, an open source customer
| relationship management (CRM) system for media organizations. The new release
| sports a switch to MySQL and a number of other new features and changes.
|
| [,,,]
|
| All Campware applications are released under the GNU General Public License
| (GPL).
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/118382

Open source here to stay, says MySQL CEO Marten Mickos

,----[ Quote ]
| "Microsoft can use [its] money in other ways to threaten free and open-source
| software, and I'm sure that they have," Mickos said. "But I think we will see
| less of that in the future because they've done it and it hasn't helped
| them." Many Microsoft customers use open-source products and find it
| challenging when the company makes it harder to integrate Microsoft products
| and open-source software, he said.
|
| "I'm not too worried," Mickos said. "This open source movement is so strong
| that nothing can stop it anymore."
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=operating_systems&articleId=9027662&taxonomyId=89&intsrc=kc_top
http://tinyurl.com/2rjmtn