[News] Review of the Latest Version of Foresight Linux

  • Subject: [News] Review of the Latest Version of Foresight Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 02:08:53 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Foresight Linux: A Distribution That Stands Out From The Crowd

,----[ Quote ]
| Foresight Linux has entrusted its package management to Conary. A few of the
| cool features about Conary are:
|
| # Dependencies are defined at the file level, which brings in only the
|   components needed from other packages instead of entire packages.
| # During an update, Conary only installs the diff of the update, not the full
|   binary again which makes downloads and updates faster
| # If anything went wrong with an installation or update, you can rollback
|   your system to a previous state. If the command conary rollback 10 is
|   issued, Conary will undo the last 10 things it has done for you.
| # When fresh installing an application, Conary downloads a binary package and
|   install it, process which takes a whole lot less than compiling and
|   installing from source code. When a new version of the application is
|   available, it just applies the diff.
`----

http://www.linuxlove.org/2007/12/02/foresight-linux-v142-a-distribution-that-stands-out-from-the-crowd/

Days ago:

Foresight Linux 1.4.2 Released

http://www.foresightlinux.com/

Foresight Linux Newsletter - News from Nov 30, 2007

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome to the November edition of the Foresight Linux Newsletter.  With the
| recent release of the first alpha of Foresight Linux 2, this month's
| newsletter will take a detailed look at the release, including changes from
| the 1.x releases, how to test both the GNOME edition and new KDE edition, and
| the next alpha of Foresight Linux 2.
`----

http://wiki.foresightlinux.org/display/newsletter/2007/11/30/

Related (reviews):

Foresight Linux 2.0 Alpha 1

,----[ Quote ]
| With its lime green theme, the appearance of Foresight 2.0 Alpha 1 is
| certainly distinct from most other desktop Linux distributions. However, it's
| color theme is not all that's unique about this new development release.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=913&num=1

Foresight Linux 1.4 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Foresight is really great for seeing the latest gnome; one can show off the
| bleeding edge desktop. Foresight also has a great out of box experience.
| Foresight is having a great theme and is quite user friendly. I would
| recommend it to every one, coming to me, asking for which Linux to start
| with.
`----

http://simplyjat.blogspot.com/2007/09/foresight-linux-14-review.html

Foresight Linux Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Foresight Linux is a relatively new distribution based on rPath Linux and
| featuring the latest Gnome and freedesktop.org desktop. This review of
| Foresight's latest version, 1.4, will attempt to show the strengths of this
| distro and why not, give you a reason to try it next time you go distro
| hopping!
`----

http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/215/104/

Foresight LiveCD GNOME 2.17.92

,----[ Quote ]
| Today marks the release of GNOME 2.18.0, and to commemorate today's
| release we have posted some screenshots from the Foresight LiveCD
| 2.17.92 GNOME Release Candidate, which is designed to be a demo
| GNOME LiveCD. This is also Foresight's first attempt at creating
| a bootable CD image.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=663&num=1

Foresight Linux (Review)

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm really impressed - as a long time Ubuntu user, this is the first
| distro that really makes me consider switching.
`----

http://www.silwenae.org/blog/?p=675

Review: Foresight Linux 1.0

,----[ Quote ]