[News] Web Applications Trivialise Migration to Linux

  • Subject: [News] Web Applications Trivialise Migration to Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 17:27:46 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
The Road to Ubuntu (or Leopard) - screw the OS, move your apps online with
Google

,----[ Quote ]
| I've been trying to bend Gutsy Gibbon and Leopard to my will so I can abandon
| Windows, but most of my problems can be solved by embracing online
| applications like Google Apps.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/15606/1085/

Related:

Adobe sees full shift to Web in next decade

,----[ Quote ]
| Adobe Systems is working to deliver all of its software via the Web as a
| service rather than a packaged product, but the transition to earn money from
| subscriptions or advertising could take a decade...
`----

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21359751/

Online app provider Zoho: 300k customers and accelerating

,----[ Quote ]
| Zoho, a providers of office productivity applications online, says it now has
| 300,000 customers, with the last 100,000 signed up in one third the time it
| took to sign the first 100,000.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13875&Itemid=1054

Google manager: Google Apps replaced Microsoft Office at 100,000 businesses

,----[ Quote ]
| Google's newly released online productivity suite Google Apps has
| already replaced Microsoft Office at more than 100,000 small to
| medium enterprises and has been deployed at two of the largest
| companies in the world, according to the search leader's
| enterprise product boss.

Dumping Office for Google Apps

,----[ Quote ]
`----