Re: Non-cpanel Centos Install and maintenance

> From SSH (-x) you could just launch kicker/gnome-panel and treat things as
> though you're actually there. If you are using Windows, you'll need to get an
> X Server to run alongside software like putty. A better option might be to
> virtualise or dual boot though.

If you choose to go the X on MS Windows route, Cygwin is a nice way to
go.  I particularly like that you can run the window manager and variety
of traditional X apps native and local on your windows system, thus
keeping the traffic down to just what you need remote.

http://cygwin.com/

Thad