[News] Review of Linux Mint 4.0 for a Business Laptop

  • Subject: [News] Review of Linux Mint 4.0 for a Business Laptop
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 16:27:50 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
A look at the Ubuntu 7.10 based newly minted version of Linux for use as my
daily use system

,----[ Quote ]
| Mint 4.0, and its underlying Ubuntu 7.10 may be bleeding edge (2.6.22 kernel)
| but so far it is stable, fast, pretty, and high function as well. The only
| reason I can see why this would not be a good enterprise laptop / desktop OS
| for everyone would be that pesky amount of time it takes to certify new OS
| releases by the central support team.
`----

http://talk.bmc.com/blogs/blog-carl/steve-carl/Mint-4-enterpise-laptop

Related:

First look at Linux Mint 4.0 (by Susan Linton)

,----[ Quote ]
| At present they are producing a fantastic and original desktop with handy
| tools and highly desired functionality. This is truly their best release yet.
| It feels like they've reached the summit.
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20071126#review

Introducing Linux Mint 4.0 ‘Daryna’

,----[ Quote ]
| You’ve probably heard of Linux Mint from some blog or RSS feed but never
| looked into it thinking it’s just another distribution which can never
| outtake Ubuntu, the distribution you’re currently using. In this case, you’re
| in for a big surprise mister! Linux Mint IS Ubuntu but it also provides some
| extra goodies and a brilliant, gorgeous and sexy interface. So basically, you
| should think about Linux Mint as Ubuntu with a twist. And not just any other
| twist, a BIG twist, one that will make you erase any distribution you have
| and install Linux Mint instead because it simply ROCKS!
`----

http://www.linuxlove.org/2007/11/19/introducing-linux-mint-40-daryna/

Linux Mint 4.0 Screenshots

,----[ Quote ]
| A few days ago, Linux Mint 4.0 (codename Daryna) has been released. Version
| 4.0 of Linux Mint is based on Celena and compatible with Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy
| Gibbon) and its repositories. This release features include mintDesktop,
| mintAssistant, mintInstall, mintUpdate and so on. The following are some
| screenshots of Linux Mint 4.0.
`----

http://phorolinux.com/linux-mint-40-screenshots.html

A Date with Daryna

,----[ Quote ]
| I can honestly say that Daryna is yet another successful distribution release
| of Mint. It is highly recommended for those who want a hassle-free Linux
| distribution because of its exceptional hardware and software support,
| ease-of-use, and ever growing online community that can provide some
| technical assistance. I can also recommend Mint 4.0 to newbies as it can be
| painlessly configured without even touching a CLI. As a final point, Daryna
| undoubtedly maintained or even improved Mint’s natural elegance.
`----

http://junauza.blogspot.com/2007/11/date-with-daryna.html

ReviewLinux.com: Linux Mint 4.0 - An Elegant Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux Mint 4.0 Beta was released yesterday October 26 2007 and I thought I
| would have a quick look at it. Linux Mint is not packed full of software but
| it does have a great look and well worth looking at. Check out the images as
| well as the Flash Video of Linux Mint 4.0 Beta in action.
`----

http://www.reviewlinux.com/?m=show&id=7962

Linux Mint 4.0 "Daryna" - English

,----[ Quote ]