COLA Stats: Saturday the 1st of December, 2007.

  • Subject: COLA Stats: Saturday the 1st of December, 2007.
  • From: "[H]omer" <spam@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 07:41:21 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ngstats.pl version 1.26

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by [H]omer, 2007.

This report covers 1565 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     334 1153512     7%
   2. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                  131  122181    52%
   3. flatfish - Mental-Ward Escapee                   125  167880    65%
   4. Hardon Quirk - Imbecile                           76  101145    69%
   5. Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       74  101919    74%
   6. amicus_unscrupulous - Troll                       66  121206    63%
   7. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    61   28360    65%
   8. flatfish [nyms] - Mental-Ward Escapee             53   67378    67%
   9. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                 48 1192305     4%
  10. Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>               46  132781    66%
  11. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   44  123189    49%
  12. thad05@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                  42   49561    36%
  13. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>      39   47253    70%
  14. [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                            33   51854    19%
  15. Ben Miller-Jacobson <bmillerjacobson@xxxxxxxxx>   31   65312    78%
  16. spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                              26   23892    46%
  17. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>               22   22856    82%
  18. DooFy - Money-Obsessed Goon                       20   17321    47%
  19. spinner <invalid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                 16   22673    55%
  20. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@invalid.   15   69214    30%
  21. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                            13   17631    82%
  22. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        11   14376    64%
      Johan Lindquist <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>             11   20901    52%
  24. nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxx   10   15620    53%
      OK - MS Apologist and Liar                        10   15083    62%
  26. Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                9   63329    15%
      Bill Waddington <william.waddington@xxxxxxxxxx>    9   12099    73%
      Timmy 'Funkenbusch Wannabee' Smith                 9    5186    49%
  29. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>            8    7330    51%
  30. Bob Hauck <postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>       7   19821    23%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista            100  137244
   2. Top US engineer in piss-off-everybody car fuel sol       85  179968
   3. Microsoft astroturfing example                           77  102112
   4. [News] Politics 'stifling $100 laptop'                   67  192953
   5. CORRECTION: A Million PSPs Sold in Small Nation          61   65817
   6. Which Linux distro supports Sata drives? Might hav       58   63110
   7. Which Linux distro supports Sata drives?  Might ha       51   83829
   8. flattie and fuddie both the same nymshifting troll       44   73293
   9. Dell Linux Sales                                         36   49077
  10. Between Linux and Desktop Domination                     31   41848
  11. [News] Analysts unhappy with Windows Vista               29   43099
  12. Upgrade SUSE to Ubuntu?                                  21   19805
  13. Politics 'stifling $100 laptop'                          20   56827
      [FAQ]                                                    20   39991
  15. [News] [Rival] Greenpeace Slaps Microsoft Over Tox       19   21897
      [News] [Rival] Microsoft Holds Back Technology and       19   31088
      [News] Linux Will Win the Desktop by Being Linux,        19   22307
  18. MPAA "toolkit" built on Ubuntu                           17   20336
  19. OLPC : part II the excuses.                              15   14550
  20. [OT] Global Warming                                      14   51055
      Rootin' for Root                                         14   25986
  22. Bits I like most with linux desktops (KDE)               13   15359
      New theme song for Windows Vista                         13   11246
  24. [Rival] Can anyone explain the difference between        12   18295
      Windows for Supercomputers needs less memory than        12   13727
      Linux / game related consulting work                     12   22378
  27. FBI: Millions of computers roped into criminal 'ro       11   11873
      [News] eWeek is Impressed by OpenOffice.org 2.3          11   18681
      From the birthplace of free, open software               11    4640
  30. (for your enjoyment) Fortune Flatfish                    10    9111
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                 102
   2. flatfish - Mental-Ward Escapee                                   98
   3. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     97
   4. amicus_unscrupulous - Troll                                      76
   5. Hardon Quirk - Imbecile                                          66
   6. Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                      53
   7. flatfish [nyms] - Mental-Ward Escapee                            45
   8. thad05@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                 44
   9. Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>                              38
  10. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   35
  11. [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                                           29
  12. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         27
  13. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                25
  14. spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                                             24
  15. Ben Miller-Jacobson <bmillerjacobson@xxxxxxxxx>                  23
      Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     23
  17. spinner <invalid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                18
  18. DooFy - Money-Obsessed Goon                                      15
  19. bobbie <bobbiewg@xxxxxxxxx>                                      14
  20. dapunka <dapunka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                 13
  21. nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        12
  22. Robin T Cox <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                                  10
      Johan Lindquist <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                            10
  24. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        9
      Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                               9
      Timmy 'Funkenbusch Wannabee' Smith                                9
  27. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                            8
      Bob Hauck <postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                      8
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               8
      Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                               8
Toplist of Troll Feeders [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                     Msgs   %
   1. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              71  54
   2. Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  47  64
   3. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               18  30
   4. thad05@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                             17  40
   5. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                 14  36
      flatfish - Mental-Ward Escapee                               14  11
      The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     14  32
   8. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                       10  77
   9. Hardon Quirk - Imbecile                                       9  12
      spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                                          9  35
      Johan Lindquist <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         9  82
  12. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>       8  53
  13. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    7  64
      Ben Miller-Jacobson <bmillerjacobson@xxxxxxxxx>               7  23
  15. amicus_unscrupulous - Troll                                   6   9
      flatfish [nyms] - Mental-Ward Escapee                         6  11
  17. spinner <invalid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                             5  31
      Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                  5   1
      dapunka <dapunka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              5  71
  20. Ian Hilliard <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        4  80
      Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                           4  44
  22. Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>                           3   7
      Erik Jan <anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                  3  60
      Thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                               3  43
      Handover Phist <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                 3  60
  26. bugbuster <bugbuster@xxxxxxxxxxx>                             2 100
      OK - MS Apologist and Liar                                    2  20
      Tom Shelton - Troll                                           2  67
      Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                           2  29
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     2  20
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [3]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    131
   2. Bob Hauck <postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     82
   3. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                79
   4. [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                                           69
   5. nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        64
      bobbie <bobbiewg@xxxxxxxxx>                                      64
   7. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                          63
   8. spinner <invalid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                58
   9. Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>                              57
      thad05@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                 57
  11. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              56
  12. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                              54
  13. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         50
      alt <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                      50
  15. Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                              49
  16. AZ Nomad <aznomad.2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         47
  17. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   46
  18. Ben Miller-Jacobson <bmillerjacobson@xxxxxxxxx>                  45
  19. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          43
  20. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  41
  21. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     40
  22. Bill Waddington <william.waddington@xxxxxxxxxx>                  32
      Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                              32
  24. spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                                             29
      Thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                                  29
  26. dapunka <dapunka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                 28
  27. Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                      27
  28. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       25
  29. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                           15
  30. Johan Lindquist <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                             7
Toplist of X-No-Archive Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           413
   2. slrn                                                            323
   3. Forte Agent                                                     187
   4. Pan                                                             156
   5. Thunderbird                                                     101
   6. Gnus                                                             76
   7. tin                                                              68
      Microsoft Outlook Express                                        68
   9. G2/1.0                                                           67
  10. Microsoft Windows Mail                                           66
  11. 40tude_Dialog                                                     7
  12. Gemini/2.28n (Qt/3.3.8) (Linux-x86_64)                            5
  13. MicroPlanet-Gravity/2.70.2061                                     2
      MT-NewsWatcher                                                    2
  15. TkNews 2.0                                                        1
      COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
[1]: Certain off-charter, abusive, anti-Linux or pro-Microsoft
     threads will be dropped, depending on their severity, and
     hence not included in the stats, which are provided by me
     as a measure of advocacy, not as a means of spreading the
     Trolls' lies and malice even further.
[2]: Troll feeder %'age is (troll feeding posts / total posts) * 100
[3]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Future archaeologists will be able to identify a 'Vista Upgrade
| Layer' when they go through our landfill sites." - Siân Berry,
| Green Party. http://www.greenparty.org.uk/news/2851
`----

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) on sky, running kernel 2.6.22.9-91.fc7
 07:39:57 up 19 days,  4:33,  1 user,  load average: 0.29, 0.25, 0.24